Health & the Environment
At NDA our bottle business is built on much more than 'have bottle will sell'.
As packaging developers our market approach is based on a detailed understanding of the health, hydration and environmental issues attached to our re-usable water bottles. These are issues which affect us all.
Think about it. How many of us are now aware of:
- Water's importance to good hydration particularly in the school environment where it can aid levels of concentration and behaviour?
- Water's health benefits (including sugar free) in reducing obesity with inevitable benefits to NHS, dental and care costs?
- Health recommendations to consume minimum eight glasses of water per day?
The answer is ever increasing numbers of us it seems. Did you realise?:
- The UK single-use non -returnable retail bottled water sector has grown by over 40% since 2000 and is forecast to reach 2.95 billion litres annually by 2010.
- Most retail bottles are used and disposed of instantly with little more than 10% currently recycled. This has serious implications for litter collection and environmental waste and landfill reduction targets.
- How many of us readily refill our water & sports bottles with domestic mains water. Britain?s tap water is among the cleanest and safest in Europe. Piped to your home or office with minimum energy and with zero road transport requirements.
- Now consider how this refilling process can help contribute to national packaging waste, energy and carbon footprint reduction. Over 25% of our retail water bottles are currently imported filled from overseas.
Our recyclable and reusable bottles will carry your name or logo/message. But they also carry a far more symbolic message on responsible packaging re-utilisation and of your environments good health as well as your own.